PG holds a very special niche based on fundamental western genres of past 80+ years:
Blues, Rock, Country, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Folk Afro-Cuban, World, etc.
It is a good idea to expand on genres, but I think there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. Younger or older audience, if they like quality, would appreciate what BIAB has to offer, even if they use only segments of it in their compositions.

I think one of the biggest and easiest to resolve issues with BIAB to make it more "inviting" are menu design(s) and amount of these menus. Endless scattered boxes... Veterans users in most cases do not care about these and for the matter of conversation, I can "live" with it as well. But I am 99% sure it is very discouraging to many new users.

Clean up, consolidate menus, make boxes/buttons look "pretty". Have basic/advanced views. It is easy-peasy stuff that should bring results. I am just a little concerned that such a powerful program is taking a hit from such ridiculously minor things.

In any case, I wish all the best to the PG crew and patiently waiting and saving for 2021 release smile