Speech to text errors happen...mostly because of this human. I’m time crunched and am not going to let perfection stop action. This is posted on page 6, so more than likely, most will not see it anyway. That being said...

This is me going out on a ledge.

Anyone that starts a post with “Get outta your rut” and ends that post with “Live on the Edge” is trying to get a point across.

Everything is in place production wise, “lyrically” and performance. I can’t disagree with that. I think the overall treatment of the tone and energy of the instruments and sections emphasize the lyrics VERY well. THAT is what it is to have everything working together to do one thing…send a NOT so subtle message.

I’m on page six of the comments and the majority of what I see are comments about the production, the lyric writing, quoting of lyrics...all of the usuals. Within the majority, there is another majority. A great number of the comments are along the lines of “Wow FJ. This sounds nothing like you!”, “This doesn’t sound like any of your other songs, SO much heavier / more angry/ I’m used to your nice-ness / this isn’t a broken heart song (ok, I added that one. smile ) It’s like he’s actually practicing what he preaches both in lyric and in actually doing the song in the first place! And yet...very little mention of that. Doing a song about breaking out of what’s all been done before, by breaking out of what you’ve always done wasn’t lost on me.

It makes me wonder a bit if we are possibly more caught up in the technicalities of writing, production, and delivery of performance; but missing what the whole thing is about. Not every song has to have a strong message; but are we able to recognize it when it does?

There are hints of lyrics members like, appreciate, or are impressed by. TommyAD even picked a line that is his personally philosophy in life. But I really felt as this comment was made by a person who really had some insight about the song, not as pieces, but as unified piece of work.

Quote:
This song hit pretty close to home. I think a lot of us can relate to the overall feel and lyrics of this song. It tells a story that a lot of us have experienced and I think some might even be currently experiencing now with the state of the world. Thanks for putting this out there into the world so people feel understood and seen!

Just some food for thought, I would guess Ember to be one of the younger members of the forum.

I understand not everyone needs to have the philosophy of the song. But it seems to send a message that may have been lost. I feel as though this song is a mirror for the entire forum; that the man who wrote is willing to actively stand in front of himself.

I hope none of what I’m saying comes across as preaching. That’s not my intent. I’m simply stating my personal observation...of which I have been very wrong on before.

Either way, I think this song needed to be made for whoever needs to hear it. If you think “not me” consider another listen. wink

Now I’m going to go give it another listen. smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.