Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
I guess I am just pointing out that we have 16 utility tracks to move generated RTs to and then open up tracks to generate more, then move them, the rinse and repeat.

I have no need for 16 new audio tracks. I don't use audio in BIAB. I do that in my DAW where it is much more modern and stable. Since these new tracks cannot handle RealTracks nor regenerate in response to any song changes they are no more useful than simply dragging rendered audio tracks to my DAW. I just cannot see any real benefit to them.

Quote:
Hopefully they will add RT/RD generation to those utility tracks in the near future maybe even in 2022, cause that would be really useful and productive.

I have only been here since 2012 but I have grown so tired of the "maybe they will fix the new features next year" comment.

Quote:
My point is regarding those other programs is that none of them have any of this capability.

The only thing BIAB and RB have that I need is RealTracks. Everything else is better done in my DAW.

Quote:
Rustyspoon made an interesting point about the old days of ping ponging tracks on tape, and I remember those days. Great music was made then. What we have now is so far ahead of that. It took real craftsman to create a song then, as it was a tedious process. Now we can take 5 minutes to type in the chords, 1 minute to chose a style, and 40 seconds to generate a 5 piece backing band. You have to admit it is kind of crazy what this stuff does. And for sure it is a lot of fun.

Another old saw that I get tired of hearing. "Don't complain about incomplete features because remember splicing tape and how hard that was?"

Sorry. Don't mean to sound mean but the rah-rah stuff always bugs me. smile