The issue with all of this is the cost. 32 gigs of RAM is generally more useful than 16 gigs. Not all RAM is created equal...better RAM more money. Faster processors, more money. In terms of BIAB and DAWs in general only a certain amount of RAM/Processor speed is useful. Core i7 4770 3.4 GHz, and 32 gigs of fast DDR4 and pro SSD is what I have in my current machine. You can still buy that same i7 new today. I can have more stuff open than I can deal with.

The OP mentioned a budget of $500.00. There is an obvious limit to what can be had for that amount of money.

In considering what to use in a new machine I want to build I am finding going to a Intel Core i9-9900k 8 cores with clocking up to 5.o GHz does not result in better performance in my DAW than an i7-9700k 8 core 4.7Ghz. It would only result in better performance in video and gaming. I don't play games at all and I am not doing a lot of video stuff so it is a bit hard to justify the additional cost.

A pretty good refurbished machine can be had for five or six hundred dollars. That machine will run BIAB and any DAW without issue. It will not let you have your DAW, fifty vst's 100 tracks deep, BIAB all open at the same time. It may be possible to get 100 tracks deep with that limited of a machine if you know how to manage resources.

Cheers,

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 12/01/20 05:16 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo