Rob Helms.
(merry xmas to you, eddie, and all pg users and staff.)

please allow me to clarify. cos maybe i didnt make myself clear possibly.
my initial post in this thread must be read in conjunction with my post in the pg tech sos forum, in the daw benchmark thread i posted that included security feature ideas.
so i will put everything together again in this new post.

ive had many discussions with fellow musicians other than myself over the years about software to assist them re identifying potential daw problems. many of them supported these ideas. let me explain please.
THE IDEAS have 3 phases.
1. PHASE 1. in store pre-sales , a "simple" test. in case the computer has some problem or other.
2. PHASE 2. on boot up first time of biab or realband , a report as to possible max performance possibilities. eg max traks/max plug in instances/ max inputs at various sample rates.
and identify potential sound device problems etc etc. basically an expansion of the RB action/test audio performance metric/ idea.
3. PHASE 3. in day to day use. an early warning system BEFORE a system becomes overloaded and crashes.
as well as sandboxing certain problem plug ins. plus when a user loads a brand new plug in, possibly warning if a potential problem might arise with it . etc etc.
(as i said before eg reaper, and other daws have started incorporating various reporting/security features.)

rob, let me explain further please.
and youll see the background to my thinking.

in a previous life (lol) , i worked in industry with teams of techs on "big iron" computer acquisitions.
sometimes that would cost an organisation many millions.
the acquisition normally proceeded in several phases.
1. sending out our requirements to tech vendors.
2. analysis of vendor submissions.
3. selection of a shortlist.
4. in depth hands on testing of each vendors technology that made the shortlist.
5. selection of a successfull vendor.
6. installation of chosen vendors tech.
7. rigorous monitoring of chosen vendors tech, once installed. ie performance audits etc etc.
i wont bore you with all the rest. suffice it to say, it was a rigorous controlled process.

now obviously i'm not suggesting the above in this situation.
just some features to try and protect people new to this crazy song creation world. lol.

all i'm suggesting is a teeny small microcosm of standard tech acquisition procedures that occur in various industries every day.
i also predict you will see more safety features built into apps and OS's. as time goes on, cos people are demanding fewer tech problems/optimum up times.

frankly i'm not going to bother posting any more in the wishlist forums. as it doesnt seem people are too interested in supporting the wishes ive posted. which has surprised me.

as there is no more i can say, i will not comment further.

once again. merry xmas.
best.
muso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 12/04/20 08:13 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)