pipeline.
i apologise if my frustrations bubble to the surface occasionally.
but there ARE obviously musos working at pg. very very talented ones.
dont "they" see the need for a tabbed chord view ? instead of chords arranged around an odd chorus feature, and unfolding if need be etc etc ?
(and the other features you are pointing out ?)

every song writer and arranger ive ever had a discourse with, thinks in terms of song sections irrespective of genre.
whether a church magnificat or a country song or a rap or rock or classical orchestral song, or any genre one can name.

it all comes down to song "sections". song creators will normally focus on one song section (tab) at a time.
the ability to flip tween song section tabs is a huge plus to the idea, as well as the concept of tabs being equal to song marker tabs in a daw. as well as tabs not haveing fixed names.
they can be named anyway the songwriter wants. just like a daw marker tab.
so total flexibility for creators.

pipeline, years ago (aeons lol) i was a powertraks user. i bought it cos it was affordable, and i had streamlined down from big studio gear that drove me nuts cos of constant maintenance costs. (the big studio gear i mean.)
at that time i was a big promoter of powertraks. due to its great feature set versus low cost, as well as the fact some competitors used these crazy usb dongles that drive a lot of users crazy.
(includeing me. they are a headache. you can see why if you peruse the gearslutz.com and other forums.)
BUT over time its development seemed to slow up. then came reaper with its ease of doing things i couldnt do in powertraks . add in the fact that reaper implemented users ideas rapidly.
so i paid my 60 bucks , and posted various ideas. i was hooked.

in fact it makes me sad in a way to think that powertraks, with the right added features could have been where reaper
is today, and had a world daw user base in its maw.
powertraks was around years before reaper. pg could have had a massive world user base.
ie more revenue.

why am i saying all this ?

answer, cos i'm afraid the same might happen to biab !
a competitor comes out of left field etc etc.
and BAM, takes over the market niche.
ive seen this before in industries ive worked in.
in one particular case, a leader in its field got complacent , and competitors rose up to take over.

thus i'm speaking up with concern !
what i dont understand is there are obviously many smart people working at pg.

merry xmas.
muso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 12/07/20 01:14 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)