i'm probably going to parade my own misconceptions and ignorance but here goes.

what results were you not expecting? i've always just done it and i think this is what happens.

i think the aux knob on the mixer channel sends part of the signal to the output buss via the fx you load in the aux slot on the way and therefore the effected signal is mixed in with the dry signal. you set the fx to 100% and the send knob to whatever setting sounds right. that way you can use one fx plugin not a separate instance for each track on things like reverb. just load the fx in aux 1 slot and use the aux 1 send knobs on each channel. i think the aux strip send and return knobs are set at full on by default which means that all you send from the channel aux goes to the fx plugin and all the effected signal from the fx goes to the output buss. but the mix of wet/dry signal - the amount of fx on the track in question you hear is set by the aux knob on the mixer channel of the track itself.

sorry if you know all this already. and the rule i was always taught is that processors (compression, eq etc) are used on the signal direct in the mixer strip and that only effects (reverb, delay, chorus etc) are used on auxiliaries.

one of the forum experts might put me right but doing it as i describe the results have always been what i expect. but i'm quite prepared to be told i've got it wrong. what happens when you do it?

Last edited by Bob Calver; 12/09/20 12:24 PM.