Having everyone on the same page as to midi 60 (middle C 262 Hz the one below A 440) being C4 or C3 or C5 has significant advantages. When I say everyone I mean everyone who has ever used (or will ever use) Scientific notation in the world. The first obvious example is we would not be wasting any time on this discussion. Another good one is I am trying to use the BIAB Vocal Wizard to adjust key for a Vocalist in my Jam Group and I keep having to remember to change the BIAB choice C5 to the one he gave me C4 (extra waste of time work).

So how is this fixed? This is the best answer I can come up with. Find the current most common and promote that so it is eventually the only one used. The best way I can think of to find the current most common is to get the one that all the free phone tuning apps in this video use (free phone tuning apps are the way of the future as I see it). I have posted to YouTube hoping Aimee (or someone else) can give me the answer relative to A 440. The more free computer tuning apps that can be added to this list the better. Free is the key word here (free is always the most popular). Ultimately the way I see it is PG-Music should read this, jump on it and fix BIAB to match this free standard. My bet is it is C4 because Google says this and it is also essentially free. Free NCH Perfect Pitch is using C4. I have another friend working on this.

Last edited by bowlesj; 12/17/20 04:34 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles