Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I agree that the anomaly of the notation reference should be resolved, especially seeing that even the internal settings of the program contradict themselves (Clef Split Point vs Notation identification).

+1

Hi Videotrack,

I hope you don't mind my adding my couple of penny's worth of comments to this...

The reason C4 (an octave below middle C) is set as the split point usually is because melody notes below middle C will be written as ledger lines on the treble clef rather than as notes in the bass clef.

If you set the split point to C5, then melody notes lower than middle C (C5) will be written on the bass clef.

(That's my experience and understanding, at least.)

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel. You forced me to analyse the split point setting closer. There is in fact no design conflict within BIAB. I now say this because in order to get the staffs to act such that the only line between the Bass and Treble clef is the Middle C line you have to set the split point to C5. This means that BIAB here again thinks that proper middle C is C5 which goes against everything mentioned in my first post that started this thread.

I think it is going to be very difficult for PG-Music to not put in the feature for users to choose what they consider to be middle C because once available all the evidence suggests the majority will choose C4. The question becomes how difficult is the programming of this new option going to be.

Last edited by bowlesj; 12/18/20 04:14 PM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles