Originally Posted By: TRYUK
so it is unfair to blame PG Music for the problems.

I haven't seen anyone blaming PG Music for the problems in the forums so far.

What I have seen is many users (me included) kindly asking PG Music to solve those problems.

Remarkably (as it is not that common in the software industry) both Simon and Andrew have been kind enough to provide useful information, like workarounds, and to express their commitment in fixing the current issues as fast as possible.

While nice to have this reassurance, for the affected users the situation is still far from ideal which is why I find it useful for people to keep stepping by this thread not only to check on the news but also to drop some motivational words.

On the other hand, I find that blaming Apple (or using it as an excuse) for this kind of situation is as unfair as blaming PG Music.

Every new iteration of any OS is meant to bring new functionalities, more stability and better safety or, to put it in a word: progress.

This should translate as a better platform for software developers to do their thing and for us users to enjoy a more rewarding experience when using the product of their labour.

That every new OS patch or version can bring unforeseen problems (sometimes even chaotic) is widely known by both devs and users but that's just the name of the game.

The fact remains that Operating Systems are the platforms on which software developers choose to place their products, not the other way around.

That's why we don't see Apple or Microsoft announcing that their OS' run on BIAB, but we do see PG Music stating that their software runs on MacOS and Windows.

And that's also why software devs, unfair as it may sound, have to keep chasing after whatever challenges each new OS version brings.

Well, it looks like we won't be getting a BIAB patch for Christmas so better hurry asking Santa for something else...