thanks Charlie - i understand - i think. most of the stuff i record is simple so multistyles don't really come into the picture. every time i've changed styles in BIAB at a particular bar during the song, the change has carried over to RB and that has been the sum total of my need for changes in BIAB.

and if i don't like part of a RealTrack i just regenerate that bit in RB. i never bother to freeze BIAB tracks because once i'm in RB i can do anything i like by regenerating and then saving as a seq file. or even gfenerate an alternative track and cut and paste whole sections. i know also that fx settings are not supposed to travel across to RB from BIAB but i edit them with the mixer in RB.

i used to use PowerTracks in the days of midi only and just made a midi file from BIAB that i opened in PT. no problems of regeneration there. but i still stick to the work flow i'm used to.

i realize i'm not exploiting the full capability of BIAB but the new RealTracks are my main reason for upgrading not the extra capabilities like utility tracks.