<< just a query charlie - once you've gone back to BIAB to 'get it right' where do you go from there? surely not back to RB? won't the same problem arise? >>

Actually moving projects is quick from BIAB to RB, so that's what you would do. Once you've opened a project in RB and found your frozen BIAB tracks did not transfer over, from that point on you normally compensate and export saved tracks to import into RB thereafter. The first time is a real letdown though but it's an easy task to return to BIAB and export the frozen tracks.

RealBand is not meant to replace BIAB nor is BIAB meant to replace RealBand. They both have their unique features and together although they are two different programs, they are one powerful tool. That being said, I'm of the opinion that some users aren't totally familiar with BIAB features that allow tracks to be more unique, complex, fuller and dynamic before they are moved over to a DAW and many things they are doing manually in their DAW, BIAB can do quickly, professionally and automatically saving them a lot of time and editing.

Going back to BIAB to correct issues or change a track to match within a project that's moved over to RB or another DAW is likely not that unusual. In my case, many times i've left a project for a few days and when I get back to it, the song doesn't sound nearly as full or exciting as I perceived it when I stopped work on it. Fresh ears do wonders showing warts that have been overlooked. wink

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.