Hi,

-----------
Update added Jan 06 2021 - bowlesj

I appreciate everyone's attempts to help in the posts below and I feel I learned a few interesting things. However the experience has actually strengthened my belief that it is a lot more efficient for (one PG-Music programmer who really knows what they are doing and who probably has portions of the logic already written) to put in the feature requested in this first post rather than have who knows how many users trying to program work around code which additionally will be much less efficient when completed than what I am wishing for in this post. In view of this I feel PG-Music will save themselves a lot of time by not bothering to read beyond this post. I will add one more thing. After creating the wish list item I actually had the need for manually creating an Audacity Label track with a few chord symbols. So I believe this feature will not get used a lot but it will get used now and then. However since I can't predict my ideas in the future it would be handy if I could list in this post any new ideas I get for using such a label track to Audacity (I have a way to remind myself to make these updates). Any such ideas could be links directly to posts added to this thread so there is both a summary at the top and an notice of a useful addition occurring (these ideas would help with creating these links). My listing new ideas for using these DAW Chord symbol labels might even get others submitting ways they could use it.

-----------

This link takes you directly to a feature in BIAB 2021 that allows one to drag chord symbols into a DAW such as Audacity to be put on a label track that one could have sitting beside a click track (which I often create in Audacity to see the bars and beats).

I think it makes a lot of sense to copy this feature (in check box form) to the attached screen which I use to export the individual tracks to .wav files to be zipped into a file to be sent to my Jazz Jams Club members so they can do their own mix it they wish using any DAW of their choice. The members get a file that unzips to create a Song Name Folder with all the associated files in it. So the checkbox might be described as "Export Chord symbols for a DAW label track".

Thanks,
John

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
ChordLabels.png (47.56 KB, 237 downloads)
Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 01/06/21 08:14 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles