UPDATE: greatly changed this post, to be more to the point

The only problem with what Charlie is saying is that, yes, BIAB may have a bunch of features to help arrange songs, etc, but the devil is in the details. I have found so far in my few weeks of using BIAB is that it has a quirky, ad-hoc, error-prone interface. It can be a very frustrating experience getting around all of its quirks and inconsistencies. Hours can be wasted, needlessly. This is true even at the heart of BIAB, the chord view. A wonderful invention, if sadly flawed.

That being said, BIAB is still a great product from the standpoint of what a person can accomplish with it, but if the developers started over and created a well-designed GUI using standard GUI conventions (please?) it would be so much better and would become a truly outstanding product. It would not befuddle beginners so much and cause them to waste so much time, for no good reason other than bad design and apparent lack of caring about the GUI.

All this being said, I'm having at lot of fun with Band in a Box! It let's me do things I've always wanted to do, like test out a melody or chord changes with a full band behind me that never tires and never criticizes. (Oops! I'm a hypocrite on the latter!)

Happy New Year to everyone! And we can all truly say: "Hindsight is now 2020".

Last edited by Verne; 01/01/21 12:42 PM.

BryMusic

SoundCloud