Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Alan,

Beautifully crafted as always.

Loved the whole vibe, particularly the haunting lead guitar - that "Brent" guy has a bit of talent!

For a few minutes there I drifted away from the thin covering of
frozen snow and the grey skies here in England, to somewhere warm
and relaxing. Many thanks for that.

Hope you're keeping well and staying safe my friend.

Take care,
ROG.

Hello ROG ...

Yeah Brent usually come through for me ... might have to give him a raise! I liked the word haunting for the lead track. I thought this track was a bit of an unusual choice for this song when I first listen to it, but I liked what I got when I regenerated it a few times.

Minor eleventh chords are favorites of mine but there are only so many times/places you can use them without resolving to some iteration of the five chord. But here I used them as the first two chords of the chorus. When I played around with them on guitar, I found other places to use them without them being too much of a "shock" out of their their more typical placement in the progression. More than you probably wanted to know, but for FIW, thought I'd offer the little bit of my reasoning for the arrangement.

Here in the southern US, we seldom get more than a light dusting of snow. But where I'm from originally (St. Louis, Missouri), we usually got 3 or 4 snowfalls every winter over varying depth between a few inches and a foot.

Stay warm! And many thanks for the nice comments! Wishing you well ...

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 01/16/21 06:24 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops