Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What an amazing song. I absolutely LOVE music that creates a mood. I've probably mentioned that a few times now. smile
Anyway, you always seem to be able to catch my ear and bring me to a place where I know the feeling of what's happening without a single world being used. THAT is what blows my mind. FEELING in music is pretty much everything to me. I completely forget the tools you are using and just listen to something that speaks to my soul. You consistently bring that to your songs. This song being one that really showcases that.

Thank you for having some fun with the mix and and chord choices. You did both in a way that I think any musician would give you a tip of the hat to. Not weird; but VERY interesting can be hard to pull off. You made this seem like child's play. I know that I could not pull what you did off.

Thanks for sharing this. I will be listening to this a good number of times in my life, so I thank you for that gift. It's fun to be inspired!

Aaron:

What does one say after such a terrific review? A sincere thank you is what first comes to mind. Even though I do not spend nearly as much time "tweaking" my compositions as most folks do, I generally have a good idea what I'm trying to achieve as I put my songs together. I focus more on "listenability" and 'feel" than I do technical issues - not that I don't consider the technical issues. I just want the listener to enjoy the song. Most listeners who are not musicians just want a song that entertains them, speaks to them, or just catches their fancy.

As you may know, I'm also an author. I approach my literary writing in a very similar manner. I just want to tell an interesting story. In my music, I just want to create something that catches the emotion of the listener.

Again, I am humbled by but very appreciative of your very kind review. Thank you so very much!

Wishing you everything good in 2021.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 01/19/21 04:55 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops