What Notes Norton says here is important. Particularly in the way you treat your employers, that is what people that hire you are. Treat your audience with the respect they deserve. Entertaining your audience rather than yourself is also important. Do what you do well.

Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
If you want to make a living by playing music, you have to treat it as a business. A business you may love the work at, but if you neglect the business, you will need a day job or a wife that is willing to and can support you.

That means learning the songs your audience wants to hear, entertaining your audience, and learning new songs as they become popular with your audience. It means both practicing and rehearsing (there is a difference) so you can play every song you do to the absolute best of your ability.

It also means being professional in everything you do. Show up on time, don't take long breaks, be easy to get along with, dress appropriately, and work for the benefit of the entity that hired you.

There are a lot of people that don't understand this. I don't mind them so much, because that makes my music business appreciated by the entertainment purchasers.

And anyone who actually believes COVID-19 is just like the flu has been brainwashed by propaganda outlets pretending to be news media.

Insights and incites by Notes

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1