I suppose some things are better disposable than others. With huge 'landfill' mountains and disposed plastic everywhere, it seems to me, we need a better way than use, toss, and replace.

When I was a kid, the landfill was called a dump, and it was spread out, not even a hill. Now the landfill mountain is so high the tractor on top looks like a toy.

Before COVID Leilani and I would take a 2-mile (and back) walk on the beach. The trash we pick up is truly staggering. Sometimes more than we can carry in the net bags we take with us.

I'm just at odds with a disposable society. I try to consume less, make better choices, and dispose of properly.

To get rid of a computer properly here, it takes driving to the dump (oops! Landfill), getting in line behind idling garbage trucks, going through the gate, finding the place they move every time, and off-loading it myself. That wouldn't be so bad, but from the mouth of an ex-employee, it ends up in the landfill anyway because nobody wants it.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks