A little sidebar here. When I was stationed at Ft Sill in Lawton OK, the hot place to go for music was called The Zodiac Room. Really nice bar that of course has been gone for decades. I wandered in there one night and there was a band (6 nights a week!) and about the 3rd song they played in that 2nd set was Brandy. I remember telling the people I was there with that "They are okay but this singer doesn't really do the song justice."

And it was THE original band, The Looking Glass! They were out looking for exposure doing a string of shows across the country, kind of the white boy version of the chitlin' circuit. This would have been late summer of 1973, and they had just released Jimmy Loves Maryann. Soon after that the band changes started with players coming and going and the name being changed several time, once I remember to Fallen Angels.

That was a true shoe in mouth moment.

The highlight of that stay in OK though was the outdoor show in July of 1973 in OKC with The Buddy Miles Express opening, followed by The Band, followed by Deep Purple, and headlined by Santana.

Tickets (sit down)...

Were 8 dollars.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.