Hi Rob

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I have just tried to update Andrew, I had assumed as he is listed as PG staff he would have had sight of my Tech Query which listed all that info. I have a HP Pavilion desktop running W7 SPak 1; 8 MB RAM; Proc speed 2.3 Mhz. Cubase 9 Pro 2017 build; BIAB 2021 new DEc 2020 and with the 814 patch. I use a Zoom R24 as an audio interface.
I believe that several days ago maybe a couple of weeks back I tried to move just 1 track and had the same result so I didn't try it again but I can go back and retry and report back.
I was using PG as a shorthand for the plug-in VST3 and CB as shorthand for my cubase.
One interesting point in your reply was about the settings 41400 vs 48000; my pre-existing BIAB was 2018 and after I installed the new BIAB 2021 I was able to open within BIAB all my files and run them so not being the greatest tech head I assumed that BIAB had done some sort of conversion as the new BIAB 2021 is 64 bit and I think previously BIAB 2018 might have been 32 bit (if that makes sense, Lol don't forget you're dealing with a 73 yr old luddite).
Since my last post I have tried opening the PG in CB and completely redoing the track without any audio instead of trying to open it and I got the same result.
The reason I said the settings question you raised was interesting was that I have had a cubase message about differing sample rates appear.
Does any of the foregoing make any sense?

Thanks for your time
Hodge47