We reuse what we can (thus the original post), recycle what we can (although the county always doesn't do its part), reduce what we can (do we want or need this), and refuse to buy what harms the environment if there is a better choice.

It seems the car companies found out that selling repair parts is profitable. I went to a local dealer for a recall and the parts department had an award for selling the most parts.

I don't have a lawn. Everything in my half acre is either a native plant or doesn't need irrigation or fertilizer. I mow around the house a bit, but the ground cover is native and not lawn. It's all xeriscape vegetation.

When I moved here in 1990 I planted over 2 dozen trees, mostly Live Oak plus a few Royal Poinciana, Sabal Palm, Neem, Sea Grape, and Gumbo Limbo trees. I live in a green canopy now except for directly over the roof.

I painted my roof white to reflect heat out of the atmosphere.

Everything that is allowed goes in the recycle bin if it can't be reused. I take cardboard boxes to a local pack-and-ship business who appreciates reusing them instead of buying new ones.

I learned how to drive my car to get 100 extra miles on each tank of gas over the EPA rating. That means much less gas used and much less polluting exhaust in the atmosphere.

I figure if we all do what we can, we can make a change.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks