Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hey Rog! Great to hear some of your music again! Your submissions to the showcase have always been among my favorites!

I've always been a sucker for a blues tune played in a minor key, so you snagged my attention immediately. And whatever combination of effects, recording technique and stylistic approach made 80s music awesome is present in abundance in this song. I am reminded of SMOOTH OPERATOR, but I'm not sure why.

I was going to comment on the fact that the vocals sound like a different ROG, but then I scrolled back to read that it was your bandmate Eddie singing on this one. Kudos to both of you. I like this song a lot. I look forward to hearing more!

update: back from multiple listens. The comment about being highly listenable is true. I didn't realize until reading the other comments that the Eddie in your band is the Eddie from this forum! The one who visited me here in my home town a while back! Man, small world! You dudes make a good musical team!

Good intonation technique on that fretless bass! I can usually hear a fretless a mile away by the flat or sharp notes... but this was perfectly intonated.

I liked the use of sticks during the line "tick tick tick of the clock". Little details like that make a song interesting.

great collab! More!

Hi Pat,

It's really great to have you back on the Showcase again and many thanks for all the nice comments.
Eddie and I have been collaborating for the best part of nine years now and although it might on
the face of it seem like an unlikely team, being 3k miles apart, we're both plain speakers so it
works well and we get things done. Also on the plus side, I've now got Eddie watching soccer and
he even understands the off-side rule!

Love your blues track! Must have more like that.

Cheers,
ROG.