I apologize for this somewhat odd question in this forum.

I have used BIAB since 2007 to create backgrounds in mp3 format for our few-man-band performances. I have used a laptop to play these mp3 files, but have now bought a rack mounted mp3 / cd player (Denon Professional DN-300C MKII).
The problem now is that the DENON player is not able to play the files in the order we specify in the setlists. This problem does not exist in the laptop's media player.

The mp3 files are stored in setlist folders on a standard 4 Gb USB memorystick in FAT32 format, with the song number written both in the file name and in the mp3 file's Properties. The player is set to “Manual start” of the Next file in the set list, but it does not work, it jumps to a Random file somewhere in the folder! The same happens is I put all the files in the root directory on the stick. I have been in contact with the seller, as well as the Swedish importer of Denon products - but they have not been able to give an answer !?

Is there anyone in this forum who has experience with these rack-mounted mp3 players, and manage the figure out how to get the player to follow desired order within a setlist folder?

Warm regards
Aulis G