Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hey Al! I hope you and your dear wife are doing well!

I love this! It has been my experience that using real tracks to create an instrumental often results in a lead instrument that might work better as a solo but not as a melody. Not true in this case. The guitar part sounds totally believable as an embellished melody.

I listened a couple of times, once on the computer's Klipsch speakers and several times with headphones. Each listen sounded great. The drums were a tad more pronounced in the phones, so if Floyd listened on highly detailed studio monitors I can see how they might have been a tad high in the mix he heard. But, in the world of live music the drums could even be considered understated. Its interesting to me that the rules for live and recorded music are sometimes conflicting.

Very tastefully done, my friend!

Hello Pat ...

You have noi idea how happy I was to see a review from you. We've certainly missed your presence on the forum. It was most pleasing to hear the cut sounded good on your various listening devices. I am quite delighted you enjoyed the song. I spend much of my time, when creating an instrumental, auditioning/previewing tracks, particularly for the lead instrument.

And yes, casual listening - at home, in the car, etc. - is generally more geared to a softer yet full sound. Whereas, live music, more often than not, is expected to be more "vibrant" or aggressive. My best guess is the difference is in the differing social atmospheres. Just a guess, but that's always been my perception.

Di told me to tell you "Hello!"

Wishing you everything good, my friend.

Alan

Di, too!

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops