You mention "jerky, glitchy" and some of the above ideas address this. You also request a way of "checking and optimizing the system resources". That's a good idea. You can use the Windows utility Performance Monitor.

I prefer a free visual utility called DPC Latency Checker. You just let it run and observe any red bars that indicate something else is running in the background that causes glitches in digital audio. Note that the utility has not been updated for Windows 10 but it works fine, and has directions. Just consider a reading of 1000 to be normal, not zero, and it works.

Do you have a laptop? Make sure the system power settings are turned to maximum power - no power saving.

Also keep in mind your CPU is seven years old and with a relatively low speed does not score all that well. See this: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/10660/IntelR-CoreTM-i7-4510U-CPU---200GHz

BIAB can run on much slower CPUs but we have learned through experience that the CPU is the most important component by far in regeneration times. What surprises me is that you say you see these problems on playback, which does not take much computer power. So perhaps you are seeing the program begin playback before all tracks are regenerated, and if so, you should go into Song Settings Ctrl+N and check the checkbox that says This Song Has Playback Problems.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors