Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Wow! This took you ONLY six hours!?! I am impressed at the grasp do you have of the software and the components to do something like this so quickly. What I really like about your work Allen is that you have a definite idea of where you’re going as you develop your projects... The result shows how successful your methodology is! Totally enjoyed my listen!

Hello Tano ...

Sincere thanks for your kind remarks. I'll probably die with a guitar guitar in my hand. That would be just fine!

With every song I write, there's a movie playing in my brain's cinema - literally. I evaluate that movie and look for the elements that make it "work". I notice the spatial placement of everything and translate that into my mix formula.

I almost always have a general idea in mind when I start. As I progress with the assembly of the song, I let that guide me to the finer points. Also, most of my posts have been created in a 3 to 12 hour time allotment. Not because I've set those limits ... because that what it takes me to achieve my goal most of the time.

Being philosophical for a minute, when I start to write anything - be it a song or a novel - I do not have the thought of perfection as a goal. In the past when I did, I found my finished products were sterile or uninteresting. I now simply work for a good sound (music) or a good story (novels). My ears and my imagination are my guides. Once I've rewritten a musical passage, or scene in a novel, several times and it sounds/reads no better, I accept I have improved the product as much as my talents will allow. I don't fret about what I wasn't able to accomplish. I know the limits of my abilities and work within them. As such, I rarely get frustrated. I'm pretty pragmatic - deal with the tools I have. And I'm good with that.

Anyway, that's probably a lot more than you wanted to read. Again, many thanks for your kindness to my music and your constant support. Wishing you everything good. Take care ...

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 02/01/21 03:53 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops