Hi to all my forum friends!

Opus 65

It has been a while since I have been able to post anything here. I had a stroke in September, and lost all the vision in my left eye. My doctor said the loss of sight is permanent, but by the grace God I am slowly regaining vision - I'm doing well. But about 2 weeks after the stroke, my wife started getting very sick. After many doctors, and 4 hospital stays, she was diagnosed the end of November with Acute MDS, borderline Acute Myeloid Leukemia. We were told without treatment, she only had weeks to live. After 4 weeks of massive chemo treatment in MD Anderson in Houston, she went into remission. However, the only hope of a medical cure for her is a stem cell transplant. So we are waiting for an acceptable donor to be found (either through family or national donor registry), and then we will be off to Phoenix for about 6 months at the Mayo Clinic for the transplant. Rachel is in good hands, and we are very hopeful, and full of faith that by God's grace and power, she will walk in victory over this.

So onto this song. I write a song for Rachel every anniversary, and a song for me on my birthday every year (just to remind the devil I am still here and not going anywhere!) This year, with all the medical crises, I wrote this one in my head - but was unable to put it into my computer until the last couple weeks. In my distant past, I have a classical background (violinist) so I decided to return to my roots for this one. I played the piano using Waves Grand Rhapsody. All the orchestra is a mixture of East/West and Native Instruments sounds.

The guitar is a Band In A Box Realtrack sound, but I am in Houston at MD Anderson right now and don't have my BB HD to look up the sound. I will try to get it posted next week when we return home from this month's chemo session.

We sincerely appreciate everyone's prayers. I hope to have some time to listen and comment on some of the great songs being posted here. I hope you all understand if it takes a while.

Thanks so much!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann