Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
texasfrets.
my comments about your song follow.
please take my comments as constructive/in a friendly kind fashion. not intended to upset you. and only for the betterment of the song.
cos i know how it feels when someone comments on my own songs. of which ive written loads.
sometimes one is so deep in the song itself, its difficult to see the overall picture from other peoples viewpoints. been there , done that a million times.
i'm kinda leery commenting on others songs cos i dont want to upset anyone.
but i'm commenting on this one cos it grabbed me big time.

1. overall concept. GREAT, and the song has hooks which are very important to success with a wide audience.
2. i have a suggestion for start of song as follows.
a. no drums/stick at start.
b. start song with a "lonely" guitar all by itself. then BAM , FULL BORE INSTRUMENT TRAKS ONLY !
ALL TRAKS. BAM AND PUNK IT. people love this sorta stuff.
thus from quite lonely guitar for a couple of bars THEN BAM FULL BORE !
a typical songwriting trick. then the lead vocs come in.
3. i thought the use of femme vocs a good idea. BUT i would experiment with doubling the lead vocs.
you are obviously a good vocallist. but i too found the lead
vocs too loud.

i wish you only the very best, and a merry xmas.
you are VERY talented imho. the song just needs tidying up imho.
i really liked it.
muso.

Hi, Muso. Sorry to take so long to respond. Had some health things going on and took a break from the computer & the internet for a while. I really appreciate your list of suggestions. These are really good things to try. I'm totally open to reworking my song sketches. I particularly like that idea about the sticks and then the lonely guitar. I'll post it again when I've tried some of these changes. Sorry again about taking so long to respond. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and to give so many good suggestions. Cheers, Todd