Thank you for your reply. I have had BB before on my Mac mini, which I much prefer. I was using BB 2012 build 52 and had a similar problem there but did not progress very far, partly because I could not get the patches to behave, and also because I nursed my wife with motor neurone for 10 years. Now I decided to get the very latest version and put it in my PC laptop because it is a newer machine. Newly installed but in hindsight wonder if I should have stayed with the Mac. However I still haver the same problem. If I try to alter the patches. Tried it all. Is there some sort of logic or specific order for things to happen. I gather styles take precedene. If I change melody patch when I pres play it switched back to the one set in style.I have tried saving, tried regenerating. No sense. Also find adding melody harmony also changes the melody patch. At 86 my hair is not too bad but soon it will be in a pile on the floor. Is it possible to fix the melody patch and then add harmony without affectig the melody.