Hi,

Thank you. I had tried those settings before without success, but now have managed to get the melody imported at bar 1 with the settings shown.

However, I think I am still having multiple problems in this area with BIAB for Windows 2021 (822).

Things I have observed importing the attached simple melody into a new song:

1. File comes into the track looking incorrect (i.e. has displaying an incorrect triplet), then looks correct after I click away to another track and return.

2. When I apply a Realtrack Instrument and Generate the melody gets destroyed. (May somehow be my error, but why should applying a Realtrack instrument ever destroy musical data? That should happen only when the user explicitly requests it.)

3. Slightly different, I apply a Realtrack Instrument to the existing correctly displayed melody, which continues to display correctly, and *do not* generate, but the sound on playback is completely different from the actual imported melody.

I have yet to even once simply bring in the melody and have it display and play correctly with a Realtrack instrument (e.g. sax 2629).

If it's me, I really need some guidance. OTOH, maybe the program is incorrect?

My experiments are very simple, and I provide the file with great curiosity about whether others see the same problems I do!

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BIAB - Import settings.jpg (14.16 KB, 34 downloads)
Rhythm Head 01.mid (787 Bytes, 2 downloads)

BIAB for Windows 2023 (1006)