Well I believe it does work as claimed, but like much of BIAB you have to know the fine details. In this case the midi file has to have the chords labels in the .mid file present in order to import them. Most\many .mid files will not have this.

So here is what you need to do. First Right-Click "save chords to midi file". Then "load chords from midi file". This action simply moves the chord labels back and forth. I attached a file. Try to load the chords from this (btw, a most beautiful set of chords from my current project) grin

I know you may wonder what the heck is the good of that, if you first need to save the chords in order to load them? blush But, this is actually a pretty nice feature once you realized what is being done. There is no actual midi data involved (well I don't think so) or at least there does not need to be. But this will allow you to moved chords sheets from BIAB to other midi applications, for example Scaler, when needed. So this case, it is more about having the chord labels in a .mid file.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
test midi chords in Midi file.mid (39.21 KB, 4 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper