Originally Posted By: PeterF
Robert

Very nice work all round, I like what you are doing with your vocals these days, including the nice harmonies.

Enjoyable song.

Peter

Peter,
I listened to someone`s advice on how to stand & breathe for better harmonies- still working on it but I appreciate the nod.
Thanks for listening!

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Love the atmosphere, and the arrangement is super. When the bass kicks - perfect!

Well written!

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Robert,

The combination of musical instruments is wonderful.
I think it's perfect for this song.
The contrivance of the chord progression is very personal as usual.
You also did a fantastic job on your vocal.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki,
I know you recognize my style preferences and similar song progressions... I do hope that`s a groove rather than a rut!
Thanks for your comments.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Robert ...

I always find your songs engaging. I like your sense of music - a little traditional, a little freelance, a little outside the box, a lot of creativity and wonderfully arranged. I liked this one a lot!!!

Great lyrics here:

my daddy died when I was young
burned out like a tired old sun
sinking out of my world

I can relate. My father died when I was relatively young (21). He taught me my first chords on the guitar. he had big hopes for me. Unfortunately, he didn't live long enough to see it. He was an automotive mechanic his entire life. He died broken down and in extremely poor health.

Another fantastic song. So much to like! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

Alan,
Your positive comments and personal relation to my words are much appreciated!

Originally Posted By: Paul Wickham
Nice, I am a sucker for harmonies. Translates well to my laptop which has not bad sound. Don't dare sneak back into the studio. Hehe.

Thanks, Paul!

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Robertkc,

Very sweet song. The rhythm of the guitar goes well with the vaporous sonorous layers in the background. Your voice lends itself very well to this atmosphere. Well done

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Derochette,

"vaporous sonorous layers"- I like that!
I also like that you heard something sweet in the song- thank you.

Originally Posted By: musician17
You are a genius. The real deal. Full stop.

So effing sensitive, every time.

James,
My secret to being "effing sensitive" is to give free rein to that other guy in here, who can`t help making up silly, crude and childish versions of my own sensitive lines ... if you heard those you`d certainly not use that G word!

Robert