Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Sounds great to me, Alan,

I would say that lead guitar is sitting in the mix right where it should be. I think the high note at 2:13 is a harmonic? That's what it sounds like to me anyway. You could tame it a bit with a volume envelope on that track in your DAW I suppose, but I don't think it sounds bad.

Yeah, I would leave the drums I think.

Good instrumental, went well with my first coffee of the day smile

Hello Dave ...

Glad ya liked it! And yes, the note is a harmonic. I don't use a DAW. All my recordings are straight from the chord input page in BIAB to Audacity ... then to Soundcloud for posting. I'm totally clueless with DAWs. Tried two and was brain-battered for a week!. They all assume the user has a at least a very basic knowledge of recording but I do not. They use common descriptive names of the process that they assume you will understand in their use instructions. So far, not a single person has explained to me what a Buss or an Envelope (in musical terms) such that have even the faintest clue what it n means. After reading their explanations multiple, I'm still wanting to transport passengers in a big multi-passenger vehicle to some destination and to mail something - yep, buss and envelope working together!!! I'm solely a guitar player who know you can record something with a working microphone a device for sound capture. Everything else after that is what my ears tell me. and I might know from experience or a remembered conversation from somebody somewhere.

I work whatever magic I can with the indigenous tools the chord input sheet offers me. So far, that's been adequate. Believe me, there's a bunch of stuff going on behind that chord input sheet! It's much like my mixing - three steps inferior to Neanderthal. But, so fare, I've managed. But, I do wonder, on occasion, if my music would sound better if I learned how to use a legitimate DAW.

Thanks again. Sorry to rattle on endlessly. Take care, my friend.

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops