Quote:

It wasn't just the chosen group that surprised me. The search (full body scans) and the drug testing as you got off the public transportation is what initially surprised me. I wonder if this is a regular occurence there. It wasn't reported as being 'Look what they are doing', seems more like 'they were out there working for us' type of report.. implying people there are OK with this (?).

different people see this in vastly different ways. I would be curious to see some forum input on the topic of profiling. Personally, I don't like ANY all-encompassing rules. I think common sense always considers the pertinent details. As an example of a scenario I would see as acceptable:

Here in the USA, people are given the right to PEACEABLE assembly. Protesting an abortion clinic is an example of that. I think that to provide compliance with the PEACEABLE part of the assembly, protesters should be willing to submit to a search for weapons. Providing none exist, nobody should be able to stop them from their peaceful protest.

But the corollary is that the unarmed protesters should have reasonable confidence that their lawful protest won't turn into something reminiscent of Kent State or Tienman Square.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 03/21/10 11:01 AM.