That is good information, Rob. Well worth posting. What is happening to Dash and the artists specializing in synth could spread to software-generated music, in general. There is no accounting for taste, musical interests, and there shouldn't be.
If someone gets hooked on synth (I think that would include hip hop and rap) I think they should be free to pursue that interest if it makes them happy. For someone to come along, point to a similarity between one track and another, when all that had been done by the producer was to combine effects strikes me as ludicrous. The producer should be praised for his or her skill in "creating" those combinations in the first place, not punished for getting good at a hobby. If they find a way to make money at it. more power to them. I can't imagine the Copyright Division of the LOC agreeing to come close to touching this matter. In fact, Copyright should rule that owing to unsolvable complications, synth should refrain from applying.
In the end, we are back to Silicon Valley's insatiable lust for power and control. You Tube is a part of that sickness.
They are restricting dialogue, free expression, and creativity in America, each foundational to our way of life.

Last edited by edshaw; 02/23/21 02:51 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --