I know that place, it’s tiny.:)

Chances are that most of the styles in the same category share the exact same bass and drum patterns. Or at least a limited number of different patterns for a whole bunch of so-called different styles.

My first solution was to drop the velocity of bass and drums in the midi styles (piano too, if you like) by 30. All patterns were in the 85+ range (velocity from 1-127) and that sounds awful, even with the best VST. Don’t forget to save them under a new name, cause with every new version, your tweaks will be deleted and replaced.

But after being fed up with too much repetition, I decided to make my own styles. That’s a difficult, but ultimately rewarding path to take.

Some people would make a midi file for each song they play. This is were Biab shines: you can use this midi you made to make a new style and apply it to other songs as well.

I almost made it sound easy, though I know making styles is a really hard and long process. (Even after this much practice, making one style with just drums and bass, takes me more than 20 hours on average. Even a simple bunch of patterns takes hours and hours to get it just right) but, as I said, it is much more to your own liking.

With Realtracks it’s not always possible.

Biab, Kontakt, Sampletank and lots of nice libraries, from Fluffy audio to Abbey Road drums.
Check out these great contemporary Jazz Styles: www.jazzstylezz.com