Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nice minor-tinged verse, really nice harmony on the chorus. The arrangement works well, including the guitar solo at the end. Nice match between the lyrics and the melody.

Good write as well! I'm glad you got it to a point where you can release it - it's a good song. As you said, now it's just a matter of refinement. Or you can just leave it "As Is" and move on. wink

Small nit: There's a voice at 4:23 that's probably not supposed to be there.

You said you'd written the chorus two years. This reminds me very much of a lyric I'd written 20 years ago that I could never work out in a way I was happy with. Maybe - like you - I can revisit it and come up with something that works!

Good work! laugh

Thanks Dave for your generous feedback smile I'm glad to hear that the elements of the song worked for you and that I can move on laugh

I couldn't find the voice you mentioned, maybe it is too high for my hearing. Or probably it is just my bad accent.

I recommend you to try to work with the 20 year old lyric, couple of intensive days of thinking may wake up your inspiration. If not, then you can forget it for another 20 years smile Well, in my case the problem was that I couldn't connect with the feeling I had two years ago (also my original vision was mixed with the words of another person affected the lost feeling).

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube