Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso

1. imported a biab song. generation + waveform draws took like 30 secs.
2. then i regenned a trak from a gtr rt to a organ rt.
same deal waiting for redraw of new organ trak.

So I have to ask this question, sounding like a smartass when I don't mean to be.

30 seconds? Is that holding you back? Cutting into your output? Are you under contract with a label for 12 albums per year that 30 seconds is a problem?

You said "optimized i5 SSD computer."

Neither the i5 CPU or the SSD has anything to do with video. What kind of graphics card do you have? Are you using the computer's onboard video, which uses shared system RAM? I have a 4gb Nvidia card and, while I am still not sure what you are talking about when you say "waveform draws", I am not subject to those "oh so long" 30 second wait times. (Okay, no more sarcasm. Promise.) If you mean what I think you mean, that is the software doing the math required to create that part you just generated. (I think I know what you mean but the waveform is the digital shape of the sound sample it is using.)

Could you shoot a quick video of the offending property and show it to us in real time? Then link us to the same SEQ file and we can try to recreate what you see on our systems. It may be that we see exactly what you see but don't get hung up about it because as long term RB users (I have still never booted up BIAB. I want a more DAW-like platform to work in.) we are used to it.

I just don't see the value of worrying about 30 seconds. I don't know your life, and how "old" an "oldmuso" is, but I am almost 70, retired, and haven't cared a thing about speed or time since I retired in 2013. For what I get from RB, I'll wait 30 seconds. Go get a drink, use the can, make a sandwich, throw the dog's tennis ball a few times... 30 seconds. You get 86,400 of those every day.

What's telling here, and indicative that this is not a software issue or shortcoming, is that I have never seen anybody even mention this before, and I've been a forum user for 10 years now.

Again, I am just curious about why this is an issue to you. You can slap and glue any simple set of 1-5-6-4 tracks together, write lyrics from a rhyming dictionary online, and call it a song, and we see it every day, but this software is capable of a lot more than that. Because I don't know you, what level of songwriter you are, what level of performer...it's hard to know what your desired result is. I know on my last world tour... (Sorry, I said no more sarcasm.)

I write for me. I don't care much what people think. These are my stories from my life and I tell them how I want to. Like, don't like, whatever. I know what I want something to sound like, and I will generate dozens of solos so I can paste together what I want. Like most people who write, I have a sound in my head and I can't tell you in words what that sound is. I just wish the voices in my head would stop talking to me in Spanish, porque no entiendo español. But Real Band speaks my language.

Last edited by eddie1261; 02/25/21 04:49 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.