Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Man, this song is great Floyd. It gave me goosebumps!

Hey, I see it is on the Floyd Jane website and is marked as 2017. Is there a new version with new instrumentation--sorry if I am being dense!! I see the original original goes way back.

But it sounds really great man, I love it.

Mr. Snyder - Goosebumps is always good. smile
The 2017 date is when I recorded this version - maybe. It might just be left over from another page on the site that I copied to create a new page for posting it. It has been done and out there for a while...

Originally Posted By: tommyad
There are a lot of great things to say about this one. I like the open ended lyrics. It might be a man or a woman you’re talking to. It doesn’t matter as the human emotion comes through. What some called a modulation seems to be a well conceived bridge and it is a standout moment. Of course the mix and the vocal are top notch. It is everything we’ve come to expect in a fj song. I wouldn’t have any idea how to rank your songs. They are all so very well done. We are lucky to have you here, Tom

Thanks for all of that, Tom. I appreciate the note on the bridge. (we are lucky to have you here, too...)

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
David C & HTL pretty much collectively set the piano on fire and exited stage left smile They were both insightful and articulate.

The "simple" band is wonderful and we place that in quotes because it is much harder than many realize to create a soundstage like this. It sounds terrific on the monitors. The cellos and acoustic guitars sound and work together superbly. Again, it was David that alluded to the wonderful arc. We much like the congas as the timing/tone of them adds to the overall, as Ray said, feeling of hurt and healing.

All of the above sets up the outstanding vocal and write. We've said it before but you are a master at expressing emotional songs like this without ever crossing that "angst ridden" line. Powerful and passionate.

The production sounds ageless ... those of all ages who admire singer-songwriter songs will immediately be engaged by this.

1978? Wow!

J&B

...and this is a much appreciated "review" to add alongside David's and Caaron's... smile

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A beautiful write!!! So sweetly sad!! So emotional!!! And, I love the vocal delivery........it's hard to sing a track in a way that feels like you're thinking of the lyric as you sing it, but you pulled it off!! Love the strings and piano! To me, the percussion may have been a little intrusive at times. I feel it could have been a bit softer, more compressed and wetter. A beautiful, beautiful song Floyd!! Take care. Greg

Greg - I always enjoy reading your comments!! Thanks!!!