For what its worth, and I've said this before, the more you try to add 'new and requested' features to BIAB, the more complicated it gets. hence the fact that this version with changes to the mixer and utility tracks for example seems to have caused so many problems and issues.

it's not a DAW. and when i made that point previously, it was pointed out that other 'auto accompaniment' packages had features BIAB didn't. GIMP doesn't match photoshop exactly yet its still a perfectly usable program for photo editing - just different.

tweaking BIAB to add DAW-like features or facilities people like on other programs seems almost to ignore BIAB strengths and why it's good at what it does. It doesn't need to 'improve'. so i agree that fixing long term bugs and issues like the limit on time signatures would be more welcomed by the community.

after all, i haven't seen anything 'new' in 2021 BIAB that we can't do in RB or a fully fledged DAW. and of course you can use the BIAB plugin - the best 'new' feature of recent years - in a DAW.

regardless of wishlists, the strength of BIAB is RealTracks. That alone sets BIAB apart so chasing DAW features and other programs isn't necessary.

i upgraded to 2021 and most of the issues have passed me by because i rough out a song in BIAB then do the heavy lifting in RB.

would other forumites agree that fixing the time signatures issue, breaking the 265 bar barrier, fixing the bug that means RealTracks don't always respond to bar based key changes (Andrew agreed that needed fixing) and other long term issues would be preferable?

BIAB is a great program. so maybe now's the time to stop adding bells and whistles and consolidate the program working on its strengths?

BIAB is essential to my music making. i'm grateful to PG Music for the creative possibilities it gives me. i don't mean this as a rant - its a celebration of what BIAB does without needing extra 'features'.

Last edited by Bob Calver; 02/28/21 12:16 AM.