Originally Posted By: Dave
The beta testers, I am sure, do a good job.

There is no beta test here, at least not for recent releases. A few days to a week is not even remotely enough time to properly test a piece of software as complex as this. I def do not blame the beta testers.

Quote:
PGM's approach seems to be discount the new release (e.g. 2021) cost and let the users sort out the bugs.

Yup. And it works for us experienced users as Mario said we know how to work around stuff. I gotta believe new customers suffer with this a lot more.

Quote:
We should expect a working, essentially bug free product with each release. Today, we often have to do our own regression testing to ensure that product still works for us.

Agreed. There are bugs that come up that should have been caught and fixed before it was even released to the "beta test" stage.

Each year I give serious consideration to simply skipping the upgrade, freezing my installation of BIAB and foregoing the cool new RealTracks! That is becoming more and more attractive as a future option. At least that way I won't degrade my BIAB experience from December until June of the following year.