A new instrumentation/recording of one of my oldest songs, originally written in my teens decades ago (hence the dated style choice) when I used to make music primarily to rid the "feels" out of my system, as it were.
So obviously this one is quite the personal creation and not about reinventing the wheel, or compositional innovations, or anything like that*. Case in point: It's fundamentally got only three chords throughout(!), nothing above anyone's payload wink - which, incidentally, is why I added a faint touch of "chord shading" via a midi-based Bossa Electric Piano (as well as have BBox come up with a bookend intro/outro for good measure) for this official outing of the song, just to make its inherent simplicity seem a little less ...uh... simplistic! crazy

A BIT OF BLUE

From the Memo:

****** Song Summary ******
Title: A bit of blue
File: A bit of blue.MGU
Key=Bbm, Tempo 118, Length (m:s)=3:15
Style is =DIRE_MD.STY
Song MIDI Instruments** are: Electric Piano (05), Flute (74)
RealTracks in song: 683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 509:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dire Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1842:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealDrums in song: PopRock16ths-04, BossaBrushesPerc^1 [Multi]
Other instruments: 692:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120 (A:sync), 512:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Dire Ev 140 (Bluesy)

Enjoy! cool

*Well, there is maybe one instance of "That was odd", but I'm not sure if anyone picks up on it.
**Converted from keyboard input to audio "Performance" tracks for easy export purposes.

Last edited by Icelander; 03/08/21 10:42 AM. Reason: Afterthought

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)