Thanks to everyone. Sorry for the late response. I have the variable sustain pedal plugged into an M-Audio Hammer 88. Powertracks records the sustain but when I look at the event list it only shows 0 and 127 on controller 64. Maybe the Hammer 88 only transmits on or off (0 is off and anything higher converts to 127) as I am not hearing the continuous levels of sustain even in real time as I am recording. But that would be weird because its sole purpose in life is to be a midi controller. I did find this in a Hammer review just now (see below). Perhaps this is the answer. I am going to see if the Expression control which responds to continuous can be reassigned to Sustain.

"Given the limited controls, a good number of options are available. The fader, mod wheel, buttons and the three footswitches can all be configured to send a wide variety of messages ranging from notes, CCs, program changes and MMC commands. The message types available are appropriate to which controller you’re editing, so obviously you can’t assign the fader to send program changes (imagine trying to do that accurately!). Minimum and maximum values can also be specified for continuous controller values.

The three footswitches can also be assigned to various functions, bearing in mind that the Exp (expression) is designed for continuous footpedals, and the Sustain and FS2 are for momentary footswitches.

It should be noted that the fader, mod wheel and expression pedal can all be assigned to send Aftertouch messages — the keyboard itself is sensitive only to velocity.

Last edited by androidus; 03/12/21 06:58 AM.