I am truly hopeful that this thread is going somewhere good! Lazarus has provided excellent insights regarding one category of modern music and enlightened me on the whole topic of toplining! And PGM seems open to adding functionality for creating modern songs! This is all really great news!

In spite of claims that BIAB can already do this I remain unconvinced. I believe BIAB can produce components I can use to assemble a modern song. But I am quite curious to see if it can produce a modern song as completely and easily as it can produce a bluegrass song or a surf rocker! For those, and other classic genres, I can literally enter chords, choose a style and output a mostly complete song ready for vocals. But I have yet to see how that can be done for more modern music styles. And maybe modern music is more complex and BIAB won't be able to do that but I'd love to fully understand what is possible.

I like the idea that maybe PGM can produce tutorials on how to use BIAB to create modern music! That would be quite welcome!

Originally Posted By: Lazarus
Moral of the story - Ashe
River - Charlie Puth
Joke's on you - Charlotte Lawrence
Good in goodbye - Madison Beer
Bad guy - Billie Eilish
No time to die - Billie Eilish
Goodbyes - Post Malone
I should probably go to bed now - Dan & Shay
Snowman - Sia
Rescue Me - One Republic
Problems - DeathbyRomy
Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
Memories - Maroon 5
Lose you to love me - Selena Gomez
Just my type - The Vamps
Ring - Selena Gomez
Feel it twice - Camila Cabello
Trampoline - Shaed
Dance Monkey - Tones & I
Hot girl bummer - Blackbear
Cuz I love you - Lizzo
Sucker - Jonas Brothers
High Hopes - Panic at the Disco
7 rings - Ariana Grande
Old Town Road - Lil Nas X
Novocaine - The Unlikely Candidates
Dark side - Bishop Briggs
Selfish - Madison Beer

Thank you for this long list of examples. I am working my way through them to personally gain a better understanding of modern music.

I did notice that, of your 28 suggestions, only 6 are in the current BIAB titles database. And the couple I am already familiar with that are in the database, Bad Guy and Old Town Road, did not result in suggestions of styles that sounded like those songs to my ears.

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
After reviewing, auditioning and downloading two featured songs from Jetracks.com and another couple from the Adult Contemporary artist/song list Lazarus provided, it was obvious that BIAB can easily and quickly replicate 'Modern Pop' style music just as the program exists now or in 2020, 2019 and many years of prior BIAB versions. I replicated 2 Jetracks and 3 AC songs in less than an hour.

I am still looking forward to hearing what you came up with. Replicating 5 modern songs in an hour with BIAB certainly seems impossible to me! Incidently, the 2 songs you picked from Jetracks may not be the best example since they have more of a classic feel at least to my ears.

Originally Posted By: Jareth - PG Music
In the meantime, we do have several modern pop styles. Apologies if it has been hard to locate them.

Thank you for the spreadsheet and for the samples of styles you provided in a subsequent post. I have tried listening to the demos for these styles and I am still trying to understand how to use them to produce modern sounding music.

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
In my mind what you're describing is why PG Music has the User Showcase. What's missing are User Showcase postings of modern pop songs created by young producers. Why that is so I don't know.

I think it may be the very reason we are having this conversation! We (the old guard) don't know how to produce modern songs with BIAB! And young producers are not using BIAB. And if they try it they don't immediately see it as a useful tool to produce modern music.

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
What I think is needed is for a social media influencer to discover Band-in-a-Box and promotes it's ability to create pop music.

First we have to convincingly establish that ability!