Matt,
"or your request, I would still think that the bar should be visible at first, so beginners know it's available. Then if they want to hide this or anything else, it's on them to remember it is available."

I actually view it as compete opposite. People get confused at start... I am still considering myself a beginner. For me, it is a slow integration process. Most likely I will never use more than 50%-60% of functions/features BIAB has to offer, but I will tell you this: If, when I started using BIAB it opened in "Minimalistic" screen, with most of the items not suitable for beginner hidden, learning curve would be much smoother.

How about a menu on first installation with choices for default: "Beginner" - "Advanced" - "Legacy" (Big button) interfaces? I mentioned this in the past, perhaps a good idea to have initial splash screen with offer to view a "basic" video tutorial on song making (see my request "I want a video that shows me") One straight forward video, perhaps broken (within video) to 3-5 chapters, no bits and pieces from various years. One small project-one narrator. Which would start specifically by introducing basics of interface! smile

--------
Peter,
thank you for responding. I understand the benefits that bar has to offer and this is only suggestion to have ability to hide/unhide it. Going forward, when Utility Tracks will gain more RT/RD properties the upper bar will probably get less relevant, especially to those who will discover BIAB for the first time. Most likely, with more mixer tracks used, control emphasis would fall more onto the mixer and not the top bar.

While typing this, I looked and realized that It might be possible to add whole bunch of Util tracks to that upper bar if named in Tr1, Tr2 etc. Shorter names should give enough room for all. There is a place in menu to change naming to legacy tracks already, so I think it could work both ways. Sorry, I had to write it, otherwise I might forget. I do think "Minimalistic view" has solid front end design for years to come, but that screen is also the first thing that people see... These two request are minor perks to make it more visually appealing.

-------
VideoTrack,
Sorry, I am not a programmer, not sure if it is possible or not. But I was thinking about generation progress, as we have play navigator already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry too much "off topic" here, I should probably request a new forum section of BIAB interface wishlist smile