I wrote a song that I believe needs to have the tempo increased by 20% for the bridge but don't know if this will be acceptable to listeners. The lyrics for the bridge also require a change from a 4/4 time sig to a 3/4 time sig. Changing the tempo from 100 (which it was for the verses and chorus) to 120 works very well for a 3/4 time sig in BiaB. Because a change from 100 to 120 on the first measure of the bridge is too abrupt, I made it occur much more gradually by starting four measures earlier and first changing the tempo to 105, then 110, then 115, and finally to 120. The gradual increase in tempo is still noticeable but is much more aesthetically pleasing. Then at the end of the bridge, I do make an abrupt change back to 100 for the chorus that begins next. This also sounds fine to my ears because it complements the lyrics and enhances the musical hook that coincides with the first word in the chorus. But my wife and a friend didn't like how it sounded to their ears. When they listened to the version without the tempo change, my wife didn't like that one either because the bridge sounded too slow (like the words were dragging), which was also my impression. However, my friend liked that one better. My producer also didn't like the tempo change version (I only shared the abrupt version with him) and claimed that it would be more appropriate to introduce faster-played instruments for the bridge (like a staccato violin, for example), but he hasn't heard how the bridge sounds without a tempo change. He also hasn't heard the gradual change version. What would you do with this song? Here are links to both versions that are unlisted (only for those who have the link because I haven't released these songs to the public) on my Youtube channel:

https://youtu.be/NGKiJ5JaawE

https://youtu.be/7c0eMbuGEBE

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V