Hi. I've been using BiB for many years and have the lastest version updated and even rebooted my PC, but I have frustrating issues trying to write songs. I have reported most of these to BiB and got just as an answer a patch which had the issues unsolved. So I list the issues here and hope some of you have solution for them:
1. I've written a new song writing the notes to Melody track and saved the song as a .MGU file. Even printed it. When I tried to open it again the notes I've written were not in Melody track anymore. Same thing with the safe copy of the song.
2. While writing the notes it does not except notes lower than C5, so I must lower then with the edit function.
3. While copying melodies by highlighting the notes, it don't copy notes lower than C5.
4. When trying to copy with Main Menu > Edit > Copy Special > Copy From...To, if I uncheck the box "Copy Lyrics" it still copies also the lyrics - so I can't use it or have to rewrite the lyrics.
5. While printing to pdf the first time it only prints chords to the first page. When I repeat the process it prints rest of the pages.
6. If I check if my BiB version is updated, is replies it is - and still there are patches to download!

All in all I have used BiB to write songs. Because BiB is not handy for recording my own stuff - even though the new utilities tracks - I record my tracks with Reaper. I only make notations and the tracks I don't play my self like drums, bass, horns with Bib:

If I have to write again the notes, it seems that I can't trust BiB in song writing anymore.

As an old ICT-pro I feel that BiB puts too much effort to new features and does not fix the bugs reported. This is the way you're gonna loose your old paying customers.

Please share your advices and experiences.

Brno
Helsinki, Finland