Lazarus.
youve peaked my curiosity.
what "other programs" are you referring to ?
reason i ask is, ive found no software for song creation that can lure me away from the biab/realband/reaper software combo i use.

my opinion is, haveing done slews of my original songs in big studios/small studios/my own project studio rigs over the years;
"songs are a ton of work" is my mantra.
hours and days upon days of work, and i'm still learning. no matter ones "music tools" each song is a load of work imho.
(and i'm not saying i'm any good at it, i struggle like everyone else. its at the core of myself to create songs, good or bad.)

it helps of course if a songwriter has a big team behind him/her.
like a team of pro audio engineers/session musicians etc etc like some big recording studios used to have in the old days.
no software can replicate such a support team imho.

as an example of what can accomplished with a big support team, listen to the famous big hit ;
"cant get used to losing you" with the magnificent andy williams on vocals with a full blown orchestra recorded
live years ago.
no software can replicate that imho.

regarding going through all the styles.
thats exactly what i do. once ive laid out my song
arrangement in biab, i go through EVERY of the thousands
of styles, because what ive found is "happy sound picture" accidents occur. that i can use in the song.
i do mainly rock plus a few crooners/ballads, occasionally a country song.
but lets say i'm doing a down n dirty rock song i still try styles from other genres with my song chord set in
the hope that added "magic" might occur from another
style. and sometimes biab "does" deliver the little "nugget" via its session musicians that make it all worthwhile. as i said a songs loads of work.

i look upon biab/rb/reaper as my support team. but i still ditch more song ideas than i keep.
so what "other software" are you referring to ?

thanks.
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 03/23/21 03:06 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)