Videotrack,
I know, you always try to spot valid ideas. I was just tripped with what you said:
"It seems that you are still identifying Utility Tracks as being separate tracks with separate functionality that needs to be handled differently"

As I explained above, it will not be possible to have legacy tracks + 16 Utility tracks be written in cell as we are familiar with legacy tracks. Artificially limiting "written in" U.Tracks, would not be a good idea either for obvious reasons. So in a sense Utility Tracks should have a separate mechanism to achieve rests, shots, holds, exemptions etc.

I think the real question / challenge with this is hidden in workflow. Pipeline has some excellent points with possibility of shortcut, which is in a way advanced. I am proposing a suggestion to combine "Chord Options" and "Bar settings" in one. With a tab in Utility Track section which could follow right after legacy tracks. I have a visual idea in mind. I will make a sketch when time permits.

Pipeline,
You need a beer, or a glass of wine smile Limit your load, gears will spin more freely. We need you here.
----------------------------------
Riccoboni, sorry for intrusion and thank you for starting this thread. It is a big subject that I hope people will contribute ideas to.