All.
please PLEASE can someone do a new graphic (cos i'm vision impaired) LIKE biab piano roll BUT get rid of the keyboard at the left, and replace with 16 traks vertically. trak 1/trak2/>>>trak 16.
THEN notice the "cels" in the piano roll "space" in the linear view ?? this is where you right clik on a cel for a particular beat (or beat or bar group)for a particular trak and enter any "change" of property.
(shot/hold/push/patch change/vol change/pan change etc etc like F5.)
does anyone see what i'm getting at ?
(no i'm not saying get rid of piano roll. this is a new CHORD VIEW //settings view i'm suggesting.)
if someone could do a graphic then we could all discuss in detail. and i could detail more easily the benefits.

also think of other added functionality like drawing in automation in the future horizontally against a trak .

whats not to like about this idea ?
all i'm suggesting is a new view patterned after the current piano roll view. (not replaceing it.)
btw why not forget , once and for all the current bass/piano/drums/guitar/solo/melody approach.
in this new model a trak can be "anything".
an audio or midi vanilla trak or supertrak etc etc .
a melody trak or a solo trak or whatever the user wants.

hope to goodness i make sense.
"please" someone do a graphic , then we can discuss in detail plusses and minuses.

best.
oldmuso.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)